Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunday, July 5

Sunday- a day of rest- check! I did nothing but lay in bed all day.
A day for Family- Check! Pam brought Mike and Alan to visit for a few minutes after getting back in town. Mrs. Bowyer also stopped by durring the day to keep me company. Sunday is when the Dr.'s were now saying I have recieved bed rest in the hospital until further notice- and not get my hopes up for going home anytime soon. They are now testing my urine for 24 hours to see what the protine levels are and I am on a 2 hour blood pressure check through the day and night. Sunday came and went and it was now time for bed again- I was hoping for a really good night sleep- but that was definitely not what happened. Besides- nothing was happening how I wanted, why start now?

I started feeling like I had just got done running a marathon- I felt like my heart was racing, however the Dr. said my pulse was normal- I was having shortness of breath, and pains across my upper stomach- It was almost as uncomfortable as a contraction- but only part of my stomach hurt- so it was not a contraction. The Dr. now has me on oxygen and at 12:00 midnight I am being wheeled down to radiology for a chest x-ray. After the chest x-ray I also received a breathing treatment to try and help slow my breathing down, in attempt to get some sleep. A sleeping pill does the trick- and I get at least a few hours of sleep. The Chest X-ray shows something starting to form- and my Dr. would be in in the morning to decide how to move forward. Good night world.....

No comments: