Monday, July 13, 2009

Saturday July 4th

Happy 4th of July-

No major changes happened over night- slight increase in my potassium- they are now doing everything in pill form to help reduce the swelling and in fact the swelling has decreased. Some time in the past 12 hours they had done an ultra-sound to see the size of the baby- and they have also given me the steroid shot to help with the baby's lung development- in case they would have to deliver him early. Ultra sound shows that Ajay is doing very well and is probably around 3lbs. 4oz. I spent the evening watching the Grand Rapids Fireworks from my hospital room. It was nice- no crowds, no bugs, and no traffic. It was even kind of cool- you could see other cities/towns fireworks off in the horizon. Spectrum sits so high that you could see forever! Mike and Alan spent the day with my family where they enjoyed swimming, fishing, and boche ball. Alan was so tired he was in the trailer sleeping by 8:30- clueless to where mommy was.
I went to bed with my blood pressure still high and the swelling still all over. Hoping that the next day all my health would be back to normal and I could go home with Mike and Alan and continue on with things as a family....

No comments: