Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday, July 6, 2009

That morning after a few hours of sleep I get to see my Dr. She comes in along with Dr. Jellsuma (the high risk Dr. from the office). While he is very happy that he can actually see my eyes today and that I am not swollen beyond belief anymore, the 2 of them together are not happy that the chest x-ray showed a small water spot where the swelling was going to be moving to next. They also had the other words I did not want to here- we are going to be delivering your baby today. It will only be a matter of time and we will get you back to good heath. Ajay had had both of his steroid shots and they are both comfortable at this time taking him out and welcoming him into the world- I on the other hand was not.

They did leave and come back to let me know that it would not happen until later in the day- They would do all my blood work at 5:00pm and then c-section was planned for 7:30pm. I had to quickly get a hold of everyone to see who could watch Alan, who could get Mike to and from the hospital, and how and the heck was my mom going to get here ontime- because if you know Mike- he would be the next patient if he was in on a c-section! Luckly everything happens for a reason, and why we still don't know. Suzzane took Alan for the Day, Pam came up to be with me, Steve Brought Mike up to the Hospital, and eventually my parents and my sister made it to the Hospital. Kimmie made it to the hospital after her ultra sound- but to be honest it was a blur and I don't know what time it was! They had to keep"moving" our surgery time- forward- then back- but it all happened the way we needed it to- my mom was able to go in the room with me and save Pam and Mike from turning white!

I am sure it is normal surgery procedure but I was nervouse- and they kept reassuring that there was extra blood incase I needed it. My anesteologist was very thourough and making sure I understood everything that was going on, however she was so worried about that blood I thought she knew something was going to happen.

The last few days had all been a blur, confusion, and doubt. Who's idea was it to have another baby anyways? Oh yeah, me who siad I would never want to go though what we went thorough with Alan- and now I am delivering Ajay even earlier at 30 weeks. A baby is a true blessing and that I kn0w- God has a plan for all of us -even if it breaks us down 100 times before we see the true blessing that he has given us.

The actual delivery to me seem to take FOREVER!!! It took a little longer for me to get completly dumb- and then I was worried they were forgetting my mom!! I knew when they started it would only be a matter of time before I would be a mother again.

Ajay was delivered at 8:12 pm- July 6, 2009! He was screaming from the time he entered the world, until they took him to the NICU. Ajay was 3lbs 2oz, and 15 inches long.

I always missed that time where I could hold my baby right after they were born- however knowing that the hands they are in are some of the best Dr.'s and care providers the hospital has made me at ease and I know that Ajay will be OK- he will be just fine- I will see him soon!

They take me to recovery where I see everyone come in one at a time- and send Mike on to the NICU to be with Ajay. The night was late and everyone made there way home. I on the other hand was taken to see my Baby for the first time. Alone. I knew what to expect- tubes, cords, and a tiny baby in an incubator. Ajay was doing very well- room air C-pap but doing all the breathing on his own. I thought I was ready for it but it quickly brought back the memories of seeing Alan like that for the first time. I know he is in good hands and he will sleep well tonight- and so will I.

No comments: